|DateJuly 18, 2018||Closing Open Until Filled|
Prepare accurate drafting of detailed maps, staking sheets, schematics, and other diagrams to meet or exceed Company and RUS design standards and specifications using AutoCad. Use Oasis database function with AutoCad to maintain maps and plant records data. Produce accurate reports using Oasis and Autocad within deadlines. Works with ESRI (GIS, Census Blocks, GEO Coding and .SHP files). Interfaces with locaters. Manages 911/Intrado database and responsible to communicate with state, county and local agencies regarding 911. Complete accurate work order close-outs and cable inventory in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, revise, and update staking sheets, maps, schematics and other related specification sheets for planning, construction and installation of telecommunication cable and equipment by manual or computerized drafting within a scheduled time frame.
- Update One Call maps in Montana, South Dakota Wyoming. Provide damaged facilities reports to One Call.
- Use Oasis database function with AutoCad to maintain maps and plant records data. Produce accurate reports using Oasis and Autocad within deadlines.
- Accurately maintain cable inventory program, plant records, right-of-way program, and other programs.
- Drafts equipment wiring diagrams, schematics and other equipment layout designs as requested.
- Responsible for gathering and working with all ESRI data (GIS, Census Blocks, GEO Coding and .SHP files).
- Maintain knowledge of current RUS and company design standards and specifications.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art CAD and GPS equipment and technology; maintain current knowledge of CAD and GPS technology principles and applications.
- Assist with the completion of government reports using Geocodes, Census Block Data and .SHP Files.
- Monitor, manage and update 911/Intrado database.
- Ensure drawings, maps and work plans are accessible by maintaining a filing system on server.
- Adhere to drafting, backup and company standards.
- Assign work order numbers and information.
- Close out of work orders within a scheduled time frame.
- Must work effectively as a team player.
- Attend and participate in company safety and training meetings.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer-aided drafting and database principles and practices
- Knowledge of telecommunications construction and engineering practices and principles.
- Knowledge of cable counts and how that information is used by technicians and how it is used to deliver services to customers.
- Knowledge and general understanding of telecommunications drafting principles and practices, both manual and computerized, mapping, AutoCad, GPS, databases, staking sheets and cable records.
- Knowledge of GIS/GPS equipment and related software
- Knowledge of RUS and industry specifications and standards, construction prints, map terminology
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of company standards, policies and procedures
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, plotter and various software programs.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including work orders, staking sheets, schematics and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize CAD software.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to work independently
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in computer assisted design (CAD) or equivalent experience PLUS two years drafting experience preferred.
Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and business contacts.
Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.