|DateJanuary 26, 2018||Closing Open Until Filled|
Installs, maintains, and services telephone lines, broadband lines, cable lines, special circuit lines, access/subscriber carrier systems, cable terminals, protection devices, and customer-owned equipment. May also diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, transmission equipment, alarm network equipment, wireless systems, standby generators, fiber equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, and cable loading systems. Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities, and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of testing, switching, electronic, wireless and IP equipment.
- Knowledge of voice, video and data communications technology.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment, copper and fiber splicing equipment, drop plows and aerial bucket trucks, as needed.
- Skill in reading, maintaining and entering, cable records, staking sheets, specifications, and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience. Two years experience in the installation and maintenance of Outside Plant and Central Office equipment also required.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- State of Wyoming low voltage electrical license.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is an on-call status position.