|DateJune 11, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Responsible for installing, maintaining, testing and repairing all equipment in the central office and remote huts. Responsible for keeping a log of all maintenance procedures, clears troubles/alarms, and completes customer service orders. Responsible for preventing service degradation and insuring service reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform turn-up, acceptance, installation provisioning and maintenance of all switching, circuit, access and transmission equipment including: PDH (DS1, DS3), SONET (OC-3 through OC-192), DWDM, (40 channels, 100Ghz spacing), and Ethernet (FE, GbE, and 10 GbE) services and equipment.
- Survey, acknowledge, analyze, and clear alarms.
- Test voice and data lines and trunks.
- May work on SSP circuits, wireless radio, and network terminal equipment.
- Schedule and perform software back-ups and updates.
- Remove or replace connections on wire and fiber distributing frames.
- Maintain batteries, rectifiers, and fuse alarms in central office power plants.
- Install and test fiber optic cable and terminal equipment.
- Maintain detailed records/logs of daily activity.
- Inspections and maintenance of telecommunications equipment, HVAC systems, and power distribution systems (including generators, high-voltage electrical systems, Invertors, UPS’s, and DC power plant).
- Keep maintenance log records up to date as required, showing date and detail of work performed.
- Site restoration, and maintenance, and provide technical support in the event of a service interruption.
- Responsible with other technicians for keeping all buildings and facility’s secure, orderly, clean, and safe.
- Primary contact for completing service orders and clearing trouble reports for the Company. Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update facility and other company records. Completes installation and repair related forms. For example, daily alarm reports and routine maintenance records.
- Ensures quality service by monitoring the quality of toll, EAS, special circuits, and broadband facilities.
- Assists with installation, testing, provisioning and maintenance of LAN and WAN equipment and network servers.
- Assists outside plant technicians with troubleshooting.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS specialized training in electronics. Two years of experience in central office/plant operations also required.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA. Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com. EOE.