|FLSA StatusNon Exempt||LocationMoorcroft/Hulett|
|DateSeptember 17, 2019||Closing Open Until Filled|
The position summary is communications. Installs, maintains, and services telephone lines, broadband lines, cable lines, special circuit lines, Ethernet circuits, access/subscriber carrier systems, cable terminals, protection devices, and customer-owned equipment. May also diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, transmission equipment, alarm network equipment, wireless systems, standby generators, fiber equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, and cable loading systems. Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities, and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essentially there are lots of duties.
• Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing aerial and buried drop wires, station wires, network interface devices, fiber facilities, fiber remotes and FTTx or Fiber to the Premises equipment such as the ONT (Optical Network Terminal), power supplies, battery back-up equipment, switches, modems, routers and wireless devises. Uses appropriate tools and proper hardware to meet all applicable codes and safety requirements.
• Maintains and repairs existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate and isolate line trouble, fiber trouble, and switching troubles. Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing cable, wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, fiber facilities, switching equipment, fiber equipment, and pedestals as needed.
• Maintains and repairs Central Office switching equipment, fiber equipment, transmission/transport equipment, Ethernet and special circuits, standby generators, alarm network equipment, broadband equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, and cable loading systems in compliance with Telcordia GR-1275-CORE Iss. XX – Central Office/Network Environment Standards Documentation.
• Install and maintains key systems, PBX’s and other nonregulated equipment.
• Completes all Outside Plant and Central Office installation and repair related forms and reports. Use of computers and computer operating systems.
• Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
• Responsible to communicate location to Supervisor or designated individual.
• May confer with customers or equipment manufacturers and technical support staff to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by the management.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work
experience. Two years experience in the installation and maintenance of Outside Plant and Central Office
equipment also required.
State of WY Low Voltage Electrical License
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be
required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA. This is an