|FLSA StatusNON-EXEMPT||LocationWORLAND, WY|
|DateAugust 31, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Entry-level knowledge of placing direct buried fiber optic and copper cable using the vibratory plowing method, backhoe, hand digging, pneumatic boring or trenching equipment. Assists in placing and removing aerial cable. Splices, maintains, repairs, and removes copper and fiber optic cable in accordance with construction plans and work orders. Mounts demarcation devices and protectors at customer premises.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Entry-level knowledge of placing direct buried fiber and copper cable by operating vibratory plowing equipment, digging, pneumatic boring and trenching equipment. Assists in the maintenance of buried cable by testing and repairing cable. Restores all disturbed surfaces including concrete and pavement surfaces to acceptable condition. Performs related construction tasks as required. Can operate with supervision large and small plows, backhoes, and various heavy equipment as needed.
- Places and replaces aerial cable by installing and removing aerial cable and, attaching hardware, inspecting and repairing lines and setting or replacing poles.
- Helps maintains heavy equipment by performing or scheduling routine and emergency maintenance.
- Splices copper and fiber optic cables for new construction in accordance with construction plans and drawings.
- Supports the maintenance of copper and fiber optic cable by performing preventative maintenance.
- Assists in the repair of copper and fiber optic cable by performing tests to locate trouble and repairing or replacing defective cable.
- Removes obsolete cable as appropriate.
- Mounts demarcation devices and protectors at customer premises and attaches individual house or service cable pair of central office feeder cable.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS one-year experience in telephone plant operations, construction and/or equipment maintenance preferred.
- Driver’s license with CDL endorsements. (Must obtain within 90 days of hire.)
- State of Wyoming low voltage electrical license (communication endorsement.)
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter to
130 S 9th Street
Worland, WY 82401
email: email@example.com ; Fax: 307.347.7156