|FLSA StatusNon-Exempt||LocationWorland, WY|
|DateJuly 27, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Plans, prepares and designs drawings for construction of new and removal or rearrangement of existing aerial and underground lines, cables, conduits and wireless applications. Plans, designs and prepares drawing and staking sheets for copper, wireless and new fiber optic routes in support of advanced service offerings. Analyzes capacity of available and existing lines, forecasts or estimates projected requirements to determine new construction or rearrangements and removals required. Selects routing for buried and/or aerial lines, evaluates best practices for wireless applications and determines equipment requirements. Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates equipment, labor, and material costs. Prepares, negotiates, and secures necessary permits, easements, and rights-of-way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, and prepares drawings and staking sheets for new construction, removal or rearrangement of existing wireless, aerial or underground lines, copper and fiber optic cable and conduits.
- Plans, designs and prepares drawings and staking sheets for copper, wireless, and new fiber optic routes in support of advanced service offerings.
- Ensures compliance with industry specifications by staking all lines to be built and/or rearranged. Organizes and files necessary paperwork and staking sheets.
- Analyzes existing capacity and forecasts projected requirements to determine required construction/engineering and timing of projects and their costs.
- Responsible to assist with department’s annual budget by providing basic designs with associated estimates of cost for new and on-going construction projects.
- Designs and assists in coordinating the installation of subscriber carrier, wireless, and other transmission systems. Assign cable counts to assist with preparation of cut sheets for cut-overs in copper and fiber outside plant configurations.
- Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings using CAD and manual drafting techniques. Estimates equipment, labor and material. This may also include timelines or schedules for construction and cut-over.
- Prepares and reviews as-built material and unit totals prior to close-out of each job or project.
- Reviews invoices and verifies units placed against original estimates.
- Prepares, negotiates and secures necessary permits, easements and right-of-ways.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree in electronics and/or engineering or equivalent experience PLUS three to five years of telephone engineering or telephone plant experience. NOTE: In absence of an Associate’s degree in engineering, equivalent experience qualifies with 5 years utility engineering experience.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter to:
130 S 9th Street
Worland, WY 82401
email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Fax: 307.347.7156